Friday, April 11, 2008

I DID IT!

That is right folks! I ran the Berlin Half Marathon and live to blog about it. My time wasn't that great (2:19) but I am more impressed with the fact that I can actually run for 2hrs and 19 minutes. The human body is crazy. Especially the body of the guy who won and ran the whole half marathon (13 miles) in 60 minutes flat. CRAZY. Here are some pics of the weekend in Berlin. Enjoy!

Never a dull moment with Stephanie.

The back seat

The front seat! (don't worry, we were in stand still traffic)

Again, Stephanie being Stephanie

After an 8 hour car ride we went out in Berlin. Here is a pic post bar. I am supposed to be posh spice.

On Saturday morning we met up with some more Oles who were in Berlin and I gave my grand tour of Berlin for them. It was like the good ol' days back in the summer.

Me as the disgruntled tour guide.

On our tour we found some live art. I hate stuff like this. This man was just sitting in this window display acting like a monkey. Get a real job.

Catharine and I climbing the Berlin Wall.

Then we went to the Neue National Galarie. It was great. But not as great as my muffin top in this picture.

And then here I am on Sunday morning! Run Katie, Run!

I'm lookin' good. This is around the 16th kilometer.

Then Rob jumped in the race and ran with me! What a trooper.

WHEW! I made it! Looking happy that it's over!

My fan club! Could I have asked for better supporters?

Stretching afterwards. My legs still killed the next few days though. I seriously could barely move.

And then we came home. Back the the good old 'Furt. When we were driving in and I saw the sky line I truly had the feeling of, "ah, I'm home." What a great feeling to have.

This picture was taking at a subway stop that actually has a sign pointing to the real world. Note the comatose child in the stroller. He snores really loud.

Steph and Erik came over for dinner. Spraying too much whip cream in someones mouth never gets old.

Timmy being his angelic self and drawing. I love him!

More angelic drawing.

Last night we went out for Erik's birthday and sang karaoke. I get REALLY into it. Note how awesome we all look.



Yep, that is all for now. Hope you enjoyed the pictures! A video of me running is to come so come back in a few days to see that.

Love and miss you all!

Katie

3 comments:

David Henly said...

Yes, you did do it and i'm a proud Dude. I need to get you home to help me with my "running" program. Can't wait for the Spain trip. Say hi to Steph for me. Did you get those pix of me and Trash?
Love,
Dad/Dude

Jen Winterfeldt said...

Thanks for the photos. I loved all of them!

Kathryn said...

AWESOME pictures. :) I miss you!!!