Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Dental Marathon

I am back in the real Eau C. and the reason for my visit is to fix the terrible pirate tooth I acquired while in Germany. If unfamiliar with my dental problems, see blog posts from March. Anyway, I have come back to my home land to get this damn thing fixed once and for all.

So I started on Monday morning at 7 am where they went at my tooth with a little drill/shaving tool and shaved my tooth down to a small peg. Very similar to the wooden Ikea pegs used when building their furniture. It was disgusting/extremely sexy. After that the did a few color matches continually mumbling to themselves "yeah, that looks like a great match." After the temporary tooth was put on I looked in the mirror and saw that they had fitted an 80 year old smokers tooth onto my stub. THANK GOD that was only the temporary, but I still had to walk around with that on for two days. Gross.

So that was Monday, and to recover I went with my mom over to the State Fair where I fit right in with my big yellow front tooth. I actually could have won the Miss Buffalo County with sparkling marks over the actual winner. I made myself feel better by eating unacceptable amounts of funnel cakes and chocolate malts. It worked.

So then today, Wednesday, I went in for my final fit for the new permanent tooth. It was like Cinderella trying on the glass slipper, a perfect fit and not from an 80 year old smoking man. Lovely. But while they were in there they decided to fill two cavities that I had. Ever since I was a little girl I have had an unnecessary amount of cavities. I don't know why, my teeth must be extremely weak or something, but it is inevitable, when I go to the dentist, I have cavities. It sucks.

So I am now so numb on the bottom of my mouth that I cant even talk because I am too worried about gnawing off my tongue or side of my mouth. But when I do try and talk I feel like I could be the best ventriloquist the world has seen.

I'd like to give a shout out to my parents now for paying for all of these dental bills. THANK YOU! (parents rock.)

Love, Katie

1 comment:

Mach1 said...

I brush twice daily. I floss. I Listerine (if I can make that a verb). And yet, every dentist visit reveals new cavities.

My youngest brother does not brush his teeth. He does not floss and he does not Listerine. He also eats a steady diet of crap. And guess how many cavities he has? That's right - NONE.

Again, there is no justice in this world.