So I recently received a gift from God. Well, not God. Actually, from my friend Sarah. She gave me a week pass to the Equinox gym in SoHo. Now this might not say much to you all, so let me explain. Equinox is the gym of gyms. If you have money and are worthy in life, you have a membership to Equinox. But if you are REALLY somebody, you have a membership to the Equinox in SoHo.
To start off my week of membership I attended Sarah's favorite dance class led by Corey Hill. The class is called COREYography. ha. He usually teaches dance classes that make you feel like a backup in a Britney Spears music vidoe. But this time he was feeling festive and taught us the moves to Michael Jackson's Thriller. I knew this would be the dance being taught and I was horribly nervous. A) because I didn't want to be the worst dancer in the class and B) because being able to do the Thriller is a life skill and I wanted to make sure I was able to really learn it. I put a lot of pressure on myself. So before I went to the class I made sure to do the youtube 40 clip video tutorial. I only made it through 20, but it was of much help. The dance classe ended up being AMAZING and I have truly gained a life skill. If you ever need me to whip out some moves, let me know. I am really good at the acting like a zombie part.
So now I have this week membership to Equinox and I plan on using it to its fullest. I will go every day this week and wallow in its expensive glory. I use things just to use them. Like the razors, cotton balls and q-tips. I will take extra long showers and take my time drying my hair in hopes of seeing Claire Danes walk by naked. Please God, I haven't asked for much in my life..
I plan on updating this blog much more often. So stay tuned! Until then, think good thoughts and hope that I might elliptical next to Tyra Banks....
2 comments:
THRILLER! have you been practicing?! we can do it for my sister on friday, YES!
cant wait to hear more about your equinox experience... i'm sure it wont disappoint. and thank you for saying such nice things about dear corey and also for comparing me to God.
you are my favorite.
Wow! Let's do a family version of "Thriller"! It will make me feel really hip.
Mom
PS: You are my favorite, too. Don't tell Laura or Annie or John.
Post a Comment