Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Two Lovers



There is nothing better than a rainy Monday afternoon than leaving work early to go see a movie at the Sunshine Cinema in the East Village. But the film really made the experience. As mentioned in previous posts, I have a weakness for movies that take place in New York City. And this one is truly beautiful.

Post movie I grabbed an early dinner at Cafe Colonial. Their chocolate croissant bread pudding was dee-lish.

I recently got a message from a family friend in Germany who I recently updated on my life happenings. I told her in my message that I am so happy here in New York working as a waitress and just living the life I live. Her parents response to my current state: "Didn't she study?" Maybe you are feeling the same way when you read my random life stories here on this blog. Maybe you also think I am wasting away my college degree and not really working and living up to my potential. But you know what, that's fine. Because in my mind, if you don't stop to watch a movie on a rainy Monday afternoon and read the Sunday Times while eating bread pudding every once in awhile, well....then you simply aren't living.

4 comments:

Sarah Meyer said...

I am sitting in a coffee shop where Crocodile Dundee is playing. It is putting me in the mood to watch more good movies. Two Lovers looks like it could be an option.

Mach1 said...

This post is lacking a review of "Two Lovers." Is it worth a ticket, or should I see whichever installment of the "Fast & Furious" franchise we're on instead?

David Henly said...

I'm insanely jealous. You're seeing all the movies i want to see but they never come to EC. So, i just put them on my "saved" list on Netflix. Then i watch them on my miniature TV. Didn't I study? Love you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.