
So, before you judge me terribly, just know that I did this with my single, 30 year old pastry chef who still lives with her parents in Queens. I mean, I have always wondered what all these speed dating and singles parties were like, much less a singles party where the men are ONLY FIREFIGHTERS! Let's just say it was an obvious Tuesday night event.
So my pastry chef and I went expecting the hunky males above. We had visions of them buying us rounds of drinks and then getting a call in to go save grandmothers and babies from burning high-rises. Not the case. They were all short, fat, and ragingly narcissistic. The saddest part? All the desperate 30 something women like Susan, who I met outside. She was sucking down her cigarette when she asked if I had even been to one of these events before. I said no and asked her the same. "Well, I went to the 'Cougar' event here the other week but was unsuccessful. My dad has been asking about my dating life so I thought I should do these. Now honey, let me tell you. There is a reason they call it 'Sex AND the City' and not 'Sex IN the City."
2 comments:
I am so disappointed! I had such high hopes for your firefighting extravaganza....oh wait...no I didn't :-) What sexy firefighter is going to go to an event with 3 dozen desperate 30-somethings?!? I am so proud that you saw this for what it was :-) I cant wait to come to NY and meet real men with you!!! Miss you!!
OMG!!!
Post a Comment