Sleeping in at 50 Downing has become less and less possible over the last few months.
First, new neighbors moved in on the ground floor. With them, they brought their 2 year old child and a WHOLE DAYCARE CENTER. So starting at around 7 the kids roll in screaming their lungs out, without a care in the world that they might wake the Wildebeast upstairs.
Second, school is back in session at the school across the street. I am convinced that this school has perpetual recess. At least 100 kids are constantly outside on their concrete playground playing basketball, jumping rope or simply just screaming ghetto slurs at one another. This starts around 7:15.
Thirdly, The Jackhammer. This is a relatively new addition to our morning musical. It is not every morning but the fear looms over all the sleeping beauties of 50 Downing. But this morning it was back. At 7:30 sharp The Jackhammer started. I can't really explain to you how horrid this sound is RIGHT outside your window. Nor can I truly explain the relief I get when it stops, and then the horrid disappointment when it starts back up again. This morning I was wide awake and decided to look at these awful noise-making ass holes out my window. As my head peaked over my headboard I saw another man walk up to the construction workers and start yelling at them about the noise, I presume (I don't speak Ebonics). They screamed at each other and then the man upset about the noise started to physically beat the construction worker. Then he pulled a knife! I seriously couldn't believe it. The fight ended rather quickly and no one was hurt, that I could see.
May you all you readers rest in Midewestern peace.
2 comments:
i cant believe i missed the knife fight! i had my head under the covers, hating the world during all of that i suppose.
death to the jackhammers!!!!!!
what's the big deal - i was in a knife fight yesterday. No, that was just surgery... Hey, the Dude can't tell if you're bragging or complaining. Seeing a real knife fight is way cool. later...
Post a Comment