Wednesday, September 30, 2009
The Boys Are Back
It was one of those cold afternoons in Brooklyn on my day off when I decided to stop being such a lump on the couch and go do something. So I went into the city and saw this movie at my favorite theater in town, The Angelika. I really know very little about films and my reviews are usually "liked it" or "didn't like it." This one I liked, a lot. I can't really tell you why. Maybe because the little boys were so cute and their accents made you melt. Or because their mom's name was Katie, or because Clive Owen is such a hottie. Or maybe just because the story was sweet and good and made me cry.
After the movie I went to one of my favorite cafes/restaurants in SoHo called Epistrophy. I have only gone there twice with other people and been there over 10 times. I like being there alone. I like to sit at the bar at the very end and read my book in peace. Tonight I did just that, trying to race through the last pages of American Wife and enjoy my glass of red from Montepulciano, Crostini Misti and Tiramisu.
It is finally fall here in New York. I really like fall because of the crisp winds and warm scarves, but I find it to be a very lonely time for me. I miss my family more than usual and wish my life was more stable and with obvious direction. I know I am not alone in these feelings but hope that the snow comes soon. I find winter much more comforting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Katie, what a gorgeous last paragraph!
i understand your sentiment and can't wait for snowy mornings in january when we can pull out our duvets in the morning and drink coffee all day in our pajamas without feeling guilty about it.
you're the best, roomie.
Post a Comment