Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you all! I hope this post finds you all throughly hung over so you may have at least a chance of keeping this years resolution of loosing weight (it's all about the alcohol calories!). Well, I am doing quite well myself after being successfully lubed up last night to ring in the new year. I celebrated with my good friend Kathryn Sederberg (from St. Olaf) and Colin. We had a beautiful little dinner together including mini steaks, shrimp, olives, bread, cheeses and delicious raviolis. SO GOOD! Plus, a really great bottle of wine. Then, at around 10:45 we decided to head outside and see what Frankfurt had to offer on the eve of all eves. Let's just say that there was plenty going on! We spent the majority of our time out on the "Eisener Steg" bridge which is a pedestrian bridge across the Main river. It was so beautiful to see the skyscrapers lit up with fireworks going off and so many people just so happy and having such a great time. I had been practicing "Auld Lang Syne" so I was at the point where I could really let 'er rip when I was out there with the other party people. They loved it! I even had a woman come up to me and say how much she loved my singing. I am just that good. I was also quite popular with may a folk while walking up and down the bridge wishing them all a "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" The Germans LOVED it! After we rang in the new year we went to a bar in my neighborhood and continued celebrating. Here and some pictures of the night to show you how much fun we had. All in all, a GREAT New Years Eve, which is hopefully a sign of a great new year!

Kathryn and I at dinner


All of us at dinner


Me doing my Timmy face


Kathryn and Colin trying to do a Katie smile


Mr. DJ


Colin had a nice new outfit picked out by Kathryn and I earlier in the day. Cute huh?


Colin and I showing off our moves


again




Me with German randos. I told you they loved me!

Colin doing his Timmy face but check out how awesome my hair color is! word.

And here is a video of our celebrating on the Eisener Steg!



After all the celebrating we all crawled into my bed and slept our first years sleep. When we woke up we had crossaunts and watched It's A Wonderful Life. And the title says it all. Happy New Year everyone!
love, Katie

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

So glad we have that video of our pretty singing-voices! :)

Maria Henly said...

Katie,

You are indeed a better blogger than I am! I can't put any videos or photos on my blog! How to do it???

mom