Timothy demanded to get some ice cream yesterday from our favorite little ice cream shop. Me, trying to be the nice mommy, obliged and regretted it immediately after walking into the shop. When we go for ice cream, Timmy ALWAYS gets vanilla...ALWAYS. But for some strange reason, he wanted "chokolade" (timmy's mix between English and German). I asked him several times if he was SURE he wanted chocolate, and he said he was. Until it was ordering time and he changed his mind about 7 times between chocolate and vanilla and then we ended up with vanilla. The minute he got the vanilla cone he started screaming at me saying he had said he wanted chocolate. People, I am sure, thought that I was a horrible mother and were probably thinking, "Geeze mom, the kid said he wanted chocolate. It's not that hard...get it right!"
I finally realize that when we see parents with their children in the grocery store or on the streets yelling at their kids it is not because they are bad parents but because children are crazy and get their kicks out of making their parents look like complete failures. I am sure I did this to my mother and I don't think I have grown more of an appreciation for anyone this past month more than my mom.
I will leave you all with some pictures of Timothy eating the infamous vanilla cone and don't think "awww cute!" Because it wasn't at the time!


3 comments:
ha. little shit. i'm so glad i don't have your job--i see kids for 6 hours a day, but when they misbehave, i totally make the teacher take care of it. you're an angel.
you are so funny, i seriously burst out laughing in the middle of the library. he is pretty darn cute....
awwwww, cute!!!
momma
Post a Comment