So much has happened since my last post so I will try to do a big post to let you all know what has been going on.
Last week I went to the German American Day with Chris Kaempfer which was so much fun! There was a really interesting speech made my really important people in the German/American world. They were inspiring because I see myself working for German/American relations and I also see myself as an ambassador of the US to Germany. Here is a picture of Chris and I outside the festival. Where, may I add, the sponsors gave away free food. Which means that McDonalds and Starbucks had free food for us. It was awesome!
Then, on Saturday a great friend from high school (Maggie Thompson) came and visited with one of her friends from Macalester (Annie Berge). It was so much fun to spend time with them and to be reunited with Maggie and have yet another crazy european adventure. I envy Maggie and her crazy lifestyle but we lived it up for one night until she had to fly back to the states at 6:30 am the next morning. We got about two hours of sleep. Here is a picture from her visit:
Then, after that wonderful visit, my friend Kathryn Sederberg from St. Olaf came and visited me for the day. We had a great sightseeing day of Frankfurt and it was of course SO good to see her and be nerdy together at Goethe's birth house. It ROCKED! Here is a picture of us with the Frankfurt skyline in the background.
And finally, just to sum up the rest of my time: I have had the week off because Ina, Timothy's mom, took work off. So I have been spending my time reading, watching my new favorite show Friday Night Lights and hanging out with my new friends. I have spending a lot of my time with my friends Colin (from New York) and Catharine (from England). They are wonderful people and it is so fun finally having a social life. Here is a picture of Catharine and me when we out last night. Please note how large her smile is. It is so great having a friend with as big of a smile as me!
Love and miss you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment