Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Money.

If you are uncomfortable with the topic of money and other peoples finances, I suggest that you don't read this post. This is going to be about my poor depressing life of living off of no money and the problems that come along with it. I, on the other hand, have NO problems talking about my money (or lack thereof). So here it goes.

So I earn a mere 400 euros a month which seems rockin' because of the Euro/Dollar exchange rate, but it really isn't much. I am supposed to get this as a direct deposit on the first of every month. Sounds practical, right? No, it isn't. Because sometimes it doesn't come on the first. Sometimes it comes on the 2nd, or 3rd, or 4th, or 5th and then I start to have panic attacks. It seems that in this day and age a money transfer should not take 5 days (especially going from one German account to the next). But for some reason, it does. So much for efficiency, Germany! Now, this wouldn't pose that big of a problem, except for the fact that the gym that I go to also takes out the 51.90 Euros on the first of the month as well. BUT, if I don't have 51.90 in my account on the first, problems happen. And that is what has happened the past two months in a row. I went to my gym today to talk to a lady about it and ask if my monthly payment could be taken out on the 15th and she said that was not possible. I asked her what I should do to solve this problem and her simple, angry, condescending answer was: "Stop spending so much money." Thanks, Lady. I know what she is saying is semi-true, but to be honest, I am not buying extravagant things or spending out of my means. I live fine on the 400 euros, but that is only to say if the 400 euros comes on time, because it gets a little close at the end of the month.

OH BOTHER.

Why can't it be like America where we write CHECKS when we need to pay a bill. That way, when I do have enough money, I can write the CHECK and pay by a deadline. I also want to note here that I am not the only one with these "1st of the month" problems. This happens all the time with companies whose employees get paid on the first of the month but also have their rent, gym, taxes and who knows what else taken out that same day. If that money isn't sitting there...problem-o.

So now I am going to go mope about my sad and pathetic 400 euro worth life wishing I could mail Colin's birthday package, return my overdue library books and go to the gym. Actually, I am going to go make banana bread. Yum.

No comments: