Saturday, March 1, 2008

Sick.

Dear Friends and Family,

The stomach bug is going around Frankfurt and I was lucky enough to get it. Since I take care of Timothy I pretty much get whatever he gets or whatever the other kids at the Kindergarten have. So on Tuesday afternoon Timothy managed to projectile vomit all over his bedroom and myself, leaving me (yet again) with the only option of just holding him and loving him, vomit and all. But for some reason, the stomach bug doesn't recognize when a person is being loving and nice, so it decided to just infect me as well. On Thursday afternoon I also pulled a Timmy, but luckily over the toilet. I had told Timmy, "Okay, Katie is going to be in the bathroom. If you need anything, just come and get me." And sure enough, post puke, Timmy comes a knocking asking me to read him a book. He didn't seemed phased whatsoever by the fact that I smelled horrible and was hunched over the toilet, so I went ahead with reading to him.

The worst part about this sickness was that it hit at the most inopportune time! Thursday night was the last night that my dear friend Colin was here. So instead of us going out for a nice meal and good conversation over a glass of wine he came over to my place to enjoy an evening of me over the porcelain goddess. Romantic, I know.

The next morning, still sick (sans puking at this point) I escorted Colin to the airport at 5:45 am. The goodbye was terrible, to say the least. There were lots of tears and hugs and "we'll see each other soon"s, but it was so sad to see the person who was my original friend here in the 'Furt leave me.

I have done a significant amount of traveling and moving from place to place in my life and have therefore done a significant amount of meeting new people and then saying goodbye. It really wears on you after awhile. But I guess that is how life will always be. A series of hellos and goodbyes.

So friends, I guess this is "hello and goodbye"...for now.

love, Katie

2 comments:

Maria Henly said...

katie
i love you
dude

Stephanie said...

Katie,

You are ONE of the most beautiful girls in the world, even when you're puking ;)

SLMS