Saturday, January 10, 2009

Oh New York...

Can I ever win? Do you always have to be the winner, New York? Can we at least tie? Just play nice one time and let me win. Just once. I promise to be a good person for the rest of my life. PROMISE.

So today sucked. Let's recount:

1) I didn't get the job I wanted.
2) I got spit on (SPIT ON!) by a crazy person (I associate crazy with smelling bad) on the A train headed up to 168th street.
3) I spent the afternoon/evening holding and comforting a crying, sweating, fevered child.

My sister sent me an inspirational quote that will help me in these coming days/weeks/months/years of my crazy life...

“I'm disappointed, but I'm not going to run around like Dennis Rodman and head-butt somebody.” ~ Greg Norman

2 comments:

Sarah said...

new york, seriously!? like, seriously. katie henly is the BEST person i know, and i know many, many-a-good people. i love you like nobodies business, but oh my god, are you serious!? why would you diss my girl k-k-k-katie in this god awful manner!? she's good people and i expect you to treat her as such.

be nice. play fair. or you'll have sarah butler to face.

(love you, girl.)

Maria Henly said...

OK, a couple of quotes from the momma. These are by Winston Churchill who was (possibly) an even tougher nut than you, girl......

"Never, never, never give up."

and

"If you are going through hell, KEEP GOING."

and then from Helen Keller...

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow."

I love you.

the momma