
Today I got to enjoy my favorite pre-babysitting activity. I like to head up to the Upper East Side about 45 minutes before I need to pick the kids up from school and sit down at Neil's Coffee Shop. It is this bustling little diner on the corner of 3rd and Lexington that I fell in love with when I first walked past. This is one of those little gems in New York that you can't fully describe why you love it. Maybe it is the fact that there are usually around 30 people in the whole place and about 8 different languages being spoken. Or that the coffee is only $1.25. Or that I feel like I am in in Hopper's Nighthawks when I am sitting at the bar drinking my coffee and reading my book. I do want to warn you all, though, that I will never go here with anyone except for myself. It just wouldn't be the same.
3 comments:
i'll go there with you but i promise to pretend i don't know you
dude
katie, this is meg's and my favorite diner in the city! we spent one very memorable meal there... cracks me up.
so funny that you go there, i love it!!!
"Nighthawks" is my favorite painting in the world. I must see this diner now. Don't try to stop me. Don't. Even. Try.
Post a Comment