Sunday, February 15, 2009

"Go Places"

This is one of my current favorite songs. It's by The New Pornographers on their CD The Challengers. If you do not own this CD, your life is not complete. Anyway, this song on their album has been on repeat for the past couple of days. I guess it was my Valentine's Day theme song. It is beautiful, tragic, uplifting and strong. The opening line breaks my heart every time because of its honesty. "Yes the heart will always stay one day too long..."

And in my world, that is a good thing. A really good thing. I hope your hearts stayed one day too long and that love still fills your life today.

Love to you all. You know my heart will always stay one day too long.

Katie

1 comment:

Jen Winterfeldt said...

Katie, I love that song! I'm glad it is your life mantra right now. And it is funny that you find the song uplifting because I think it is heartbreakingly depressing.