Monday, February 9, 2009

The Recession

I used to think that this whole "recession" business was just a big hoax and there was nothing REALLY going on out there. But I think today sealed the deal for me. Several things happened:

1- I was yelled at by my manager for giving the dining customers at the bar cloth napkins. "It's a recession" he told me.

2- I was sent home early from work because we had a mere 6 people in the whole restaurant.

3- I cam home to find the post-lady filling my mailbox and thought I would ask her about the recession. "So with this whole recession business, how is the United States Postal Service doing? Have you guys seen a loss in business?" She then replied: "We are going to move to 5 days-a-week delivery."

Now THAT has "Recession" written all over it; when the good old USPS it making cuts. Scheisse.

No comments: