Saturday, December 13, 2008

Childcare...

So I am posting on a Friday night. Lame? I don't care because I have GOT to talk about childcare and how normal it seems while doing it, and how crazy/weird/funny it is when you look back on what you just did. I am technically babysitting right now but Matthew is sleeping and Isabella is, well, here's the story:

Isabella was splashing around in the bathtub, having a merry ol' time when suddenly she looks up at me, bug eyed, and shouts "I GOTTA POOP! HURRY, THE POOP IS COMING!" So I grab her out of the tub as quick as I can, place the special kids potty on top of the grown-up potty and let her sit. "Privacy, please!" I leave. Two minutes later (this is normal, she always takes forever to poop), "TOYS, PLEASE!" I then give her a few plastic figurines, and a tea cup. Leave again. 8 minutes later I walk in. "You done?" I ask. "Not yet." 2 minutes after that I walk in. It reeks like shit, she is done. I ask, "Are you done?" "No, I mean yes." I then proceed to lift her off the toilet. She assumes the position and then screams, "A POOP IS COMING! PUT ME BACK!" I then put her back and blog.

So is my Friday night in New York City. I am pretty glam, I must say.

2 comments:

Jen Winterfeldt said...

I'm glad you neglected to tell me about the poop during our phone convo because it was hilarious to read right now. Awesome.

Maria Henly said...

those were the days!

mom