Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Winter Wonderland

Finally, New York. Finally. The snow has arrived! I babysat for Matthew today and we went for a walk and it started snowing. In my precious baby voice I go, "Look Matthew! It's snowing in New York!" All the angry New Yorkers around me just glared and hustled past me in a huff. Bah Humbug to you too Upper East Side! Another weird thing about New Yorkers and snow: umbrellas. I am sorry, but umbrellas are for rain, not snow. Wear a hat.

I got my first catering gig. For those of you who do not know, I interviewed for a part time catering job in the city. It works on an on call basis. So I either call them every week and say "I'm funemployed, what do you have for me?" or they call you and say, "We're desperate, you available?" So I called them today and said the former and low and behold, they have something for me. I think this first gig might trump my sisters job at the Pickle Dog stand at the State Fair. More details to come.

I took a few pictures of the snow in Brooklyn. Hard to tell, but it was magical.


Mille Plaza. All dressed up and nowhere to go but Crown Heights.


This really gives you a better picture of the actual snow.


Eastern Parkway

No comments: