So I quite my job yesterday. It's kind of a long story. If you want to hear it, call me. 715-563-2255. But in short, I simply could not work at a place that verbally abuses their employees. Not only that, publicly humiliates them. (The running around the office when you yawn and going all morning without a chair if you are late.) I decided to call their headquarters and do an official exit interview with a member of HR to give them the full story. I then asked them if they had ever heard of this abuse taking place and they said they hadn't. I was appalled! The turnover rate within that company is HUGE so I thought they would have been informed of these things before. Apparently I am the only strong person that stands up for decency.
New York City (from what I have experienced) has the Wall-Mart effect. Where they see all of these young, eager, 20-somethings as totally expendable. There are MILLIONS of us in the city, just dying for work so we can afford to live in "the greatest city in the world." Well, wake up New York. I will not stand for a boss who asks, "What the fuck are you doing?" or tells me to run around the office if I yawn at my desk.
So I am now funemployed, once again, and hit the pavement hard today. I will make it, be fine, and figure something out. But I just want everyone out there to know that I would MUCH rather be funemployed and eating toast then employed for such a horrible and abusive company like Stride & Associates.
1 comment:
Katie, I am so relieved that you quit. Your stories about your job when I saw you in October were so disturbing.
Post a Comment