Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A New Home

So I know you are all dying to hear about my move this past weekend. Actually, only my parents are, but you can keep reading if you want. I moved on Saturday into a lovely brownstone that I share with my dear friend Sarah (blogger) Butler. Since I am totally lazy I hired two moving guys. I didn't really know how to do such a thing (because before I just rented a U-haul and realized that was probably the biggest mistake I had made it my life. That or dating crazy double-life German guy). So I went on Craigslist (sometimes sketchy) and found "College Educated Movers". They were great! They were these two young guys just looking to make some fast cash by doing serious manual labor. And that I gave them. So they saw my old place and then my new place. I had warned them it was much smaller and when one of them saw my new room he said, "Intimate..." I couldn't tell if that was sexy and cute or just him trying to be nice but really thinking "you're a fucking dumb ass for moving out of that other room!" Whatever, I LOVE IT.

Here are some pics of the new place:

Sarah hanging in the new place, blogging. duh.

The kitchen. So cute, right? Except for the fact that we have no pots, pans or silverware. I need to go to my favorite Brooklyn locale: ghetto Target!

My "intimate" bedroom. It used to be mustard yellow but I came home from work on Sunday and Sarah had painted it for me! The color is called Sapphire Berry. I love it and I feel like I am on a cloud when I am in my bed.

This is Sarah's room. She is clearly way cooler than I am and has a much better decorating sense than I do. I might commission her to help me with spiffing my room up.

This is the cute mantel. Exposed brick is so hot.

And the outside! Downing Street is technically part of "Historic Clinton Hill" and has one of those special brown street signs. On the North side of the block the neighborhood is blissful. On the south side you can hit up the guy on the corner for some smack.

Again, are you jealous of my life?

5 comments:

David Henly said...

Yes i am jealous, parentally speaking. Love the new digs (and hood) and could there be a more major upgrade from Jackie to Sarah? Doubtful. You deserve it all!! Exposed brick, baby! Love you. Dude

Anonymous said...

i am SO excited to come visit in 10 days!!!

Sarah said...

HAHAH... Sarah's Meghan! i love that i have a Meghan!

and, umm... LOVELY little pic of me in my flannel pj's. gross, katie.

and so glad you're my roomie :)

Maria Henly said...

Katie,

So glad that my little NYC birdie has such a cozy, new nest in the clouds!

Sweet dreams....

momma

Laura said...

I love the place!!! YOu and I have the same bed, and Sarah and I have the same duvet cover!!! Yay!! Miss you!