Sunday, March 29, 2009

"Middle Cyclone"


The New Yorker just had an amazing article about Neko Case's new album "Middle Cyclone". As you all know, I am OBSESSED with Neko Case and this new album lives up to all the hype I gave it. If you don't have it, go get it. If you can't afford it, I'll burn you a copy or buy you one myself.

Thank GOD the journalist at the New Yorker can describe this album so eloquently, because I truly couldn't do it justice. But listen to the song "Magpie to the Morning" and picture me in my most Neko self when she soars singing "He laughed under his breath because you thought that you could OUTRUN SORROW." So. Good.

1 comment:

Annie said...

the sasha frere-jones article right? did you notice how much he thought it was about sex/lust? maybe I'm embracing my celibacy to the extreme, but i coulda sworn this is another characteristic neko album filled with gorgeous non-love songs...?